The purse that you'll reach for time and again
The Janis Self-Portrait Signature Geometric Leather Bag is the purse that you'll reach for time and again. Made from sustainably sourced brown leather with solid brass hardware, it's perfect for when you want something grounded, practical - and different.
The adjustable strap not only makes it the ideal everyday bag, but also the all-day bag - keep the strap long to throw it over your shoulder for running those daily errands, wear it crossbody for a lengthy travel day, or shorten the strap around your waist to create a Fanny-pack style look for that music festival you've been waiting to attend for the past year.
It's roomy enough to hold all of your everyday essentials and then some - easily holding any sized phone, full-size wallet, keys, notebook, travel guides, and as many hand sanitizers as you want. Plus, use the interior pocket to safely store cash and cards.
- Leather sourced locally in Napa, CA and, in the spirit of sustainability and no-waste, is a byproduct of the food industry. Leather Quality is a full-grain, 5.5oz weight Aniline, often used in chaps & other cowboy work-wear: meant to take on a beautiful, natural patina over time that tells the story of the owner & their adventures, as well as sturdily protecting the bag's contents from the elements.
- Hand-cut, hand-made, & hand-stitched in Downtown Los Angeles by a small, family-owned business.
- Inner Pocket imprint features Janis's hand-drawn self portrait - a reminder of her relentless creativity & sense of self, as well as her humor.
- Adjustable Strap feature allows wearer to not only adjust the bag to a comfortable hip-level height as a Crossbody, but also creates full cross-functionality - changing over into a shorter body-hugging style like a Hip Bag (to be worn across the chest or mid-back level - more secure for travel), or fully transition into Fanny-pack style wearing at the true waist. 3-in-one!
- Unique Button-through Flap-front closure - designed for security of the bag's contents, with minimal closures such as zippers or snaps that often fail over time.